The kitchen is an indispensable part of every house. Irrespective of the size of the house, the kitchen is one area which that needs clear demarcation. Most of the time, more so in Indian homes, the kitchen is a place of constant activity. Therefore, the design and décor of the kitchen are of paramount importance. With cramped home spaces and growing urbanization, modular kitchens have become a necessity in all homes. The easy storage and the attractive looks that modular kitchens provide have made them a popular choice among customers. Keep the below mentioned points in mind while designing a modular kitchen for your home.
- Know Your Kitchen Work Triangle – For those who are not familiar with the term ‘kitchen work triangle’, it is the area or space between the refrigerator, sink and hob. A key part of selecting a kitchen layout involves the interaction of these three vital elements with one another. Create a rough drawing of your kitchen space before planning the layout.
- Make a Budget – There are plenty of choices for design and accessories available, and it can be confusing for a buyer to decide which one to buy. One easy way of narrowing your preferred kitchen designs is by making a budget and sticking to it. This will help you to choose the essential items first like hobs and chimneys and then move on to the good to have features. Don’t forget that your main consideration should be on functionality rather than beauty.
- Ventilation is important – Cooking releases smoke and heat. Make sure that your modular kitchen has proper ventilation. Most modular kitchens are provided with a chimney or an exhaust fan (or both) to emit the smoke out of the kitchen. It is best for the kitchen to have a door that leads to a balcony or the washing space. This allows fresh air to come into the kitchen, which helps vent out the smoke from the cooking that gets heaped up inside the kitchen.
- Kitchen Lighting – Your kitchen must have proper lighting. A well-designed kitchen having poor lighting will greatly reduce the beauty of your kitchen. It’s not necessary to spend a fortune buying the most innovative lighting fixtures. You can have the regular lights and also the focal or under-cabinet lights.
- Utilize Corner Spaces – When making modular cabinets or drawers, we usually don’t remember about the corner spaces. Nowadays, there are many accessories to fill the empty corner spaces. Opt for a corner cabinet that can be drawn out. This makes the best use of the not–so-easy-to access space while offering an easy reach. Also, while choosing corner fittings, consider if they can be cleaned easily.
We hope this information will help you get some ideas to create your Modular kitchen interior and make it look attractive and comfortable. Remember, these are just a few tips. Do the research and think hard while doing your kitchen interiors because it requires a lot of money. Reach out to the best modular kitchen designers in Chennai to give you a personalized, eco-friendly, and functional cooking space.